Learn About Stimulants
Students and athletes are among the most frequent abusers of Stimulants while attempting to boost performance. Others use them with recreational ends.
By leading to a high state of alertness and an enhanced cognitive function, Stimulants act over the body. Excitants can be illegal drugs like Cocaine or medically approved. These drugs may be taken orally, snorted or injected.
Get treatment as soon as possible if you're suffering from addiction to Stimulants. Always remember that you have friends to help you on your road to recovery, seek help now call 0800 772 3971.
Prescription Stimulants Brands And Names
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), hypersomnia and at times fatness are cured using recommended Stimulants. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the popular Stimulants. Nevertheless, amphetamines (such as Adderall) and methylphenidates (such as Ritalin) have some molecular differences which has a similar consequence when abused. Depending on the patient's circumstance, the doctor prescribes either amphetamines and methylphenidates.
Recommendable commonly used Stimulants
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine - also known as Dextroamphetamine or Dexamphetamine is a treatment drug used in ADHD and narcolepsy.
- The drug was used by the U.S.
- To keep pilots alert during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin was authorized for treatment in hyperactiveness that was seen in little children in 1955.
- This drug is a Methylphenidate which is why it differs from Adderall and Dexedrine.
- They diverge at the molecular level but both have the same Stimulants impact on people.
- Concerta - Concerta approved in 2000, is a relatively new drug used to treat ADHD.
- It is a methylphenidate like Ritalin, but differs in strength and duration of effects.
- Desoxyn - a methamphetamine used under order.
- It was the first medication prescribed for obesity, after its introduction in 1947.
- ADHD are also among the disorders it treats.
- Ephedrine - this Stimulants is commonly used as a bronchodilator that widens the bronchi to aid patients with asthma and was also used to suppress appetite.
- Meth labs usually use this drug as one of the ingredients and this is due to the fact that it's available over the counter.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Stimulants Addiction And The Effects
Stimulants possess huge energy for obsession and misuse because the medically recommended ones are categorized as Schedule II drug below the Guarded Substances Act. Prescription Stimulants are abused by nearly 900,000 Americans every month.
Below are some immediate effects of Stimulants to the body
- A reduction in appetite
- Feeling energetic
Improving performance rather than getting high is usually the main reason for prescription Stimulants abuse. Just to perform better with their colleagues or opponents, sportspeople and students have created a huge track record in overusing medicated Stimulants.
Dopamine has a feel-good effect on the body and Stimulants cause an increase in its production. The body loses its normal capacity to produce this hormone or neurotransmitter with prolonged use of Stimulants. The addiction will come thanks to the need of producing dopamine and feel its effect.
The Stimulants class would be incomplete without mentioning Cocaine, crack and crystal meth. The medicated drugs and these Stimulants all have similar effect and symptoms.